Orijen Senior Dog Food
Other customers also liked:
Other customers also liked:
A biologically appropriate dog food matches the anatomy of the dog, keeping in mind today's modern lifestyle of regular feeding and less movement which results in a reduced caloric requirement.
Orijen Senior dog food takes the changed metabolism of older dogs into special consideration for a long and healthy canine life. ORIJEN dog food is different from other pet foods:
- Higher protein content from fresh meat
- Contains no cereals
- Few carbohydrates
- Rich in fruits and vegetables
- Glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy joints
- Herbs and probiotic bacteria to promote health
- High protein content from fresh meats: Dogs are naturally carnivores; their short digestive tract is designed to consume and metabolize a meat-based, protein-rich diet low in carbohydrates. Dogs are very effective at utilizing protein as a source of energy. Only a meat-based food ensures the optimal health and vitality of your dog. ORIJEN dog food contains at least 80% meat, featuring regional Canadian ingredients that arrive at the factory fresh - never frozen or dried.
- Fresh Canadian chicken: easily digestible proteins and fats
- Fresh Canadian turkey: provides essential amino acids and natural vitamin B3
- Freshly caught Lake Whitefish (Coregonus clupeaformis) from Canadian lakes
- Freshly caught king salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha): high levels of activated omega-3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA) for healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Fresh eggs from Canadian farms: high quality protein, lutein and zeaxanthin for eye protection double
- No cereals, low content of carbohydrates: Grains are used as a cheap source of caloric energy and protein in dog foods, although dogs are simply not evolved to eat processed cereals. Biologically, dogs only require a very small amount of carbohydrates. Numerous veterinarians consider grains in food as the source of a host of health problems including obesity, diabetes, and digestive problems.
- Healthy fruits & vegetables from Canada:
- Apples: provide plant fibre for healthy digestion and are rich in phyto-nutrients with antioxidant, cell-protecting characteristics
- Cranberries: can prevent urinary passage problems and contain anthocyanins that improve sight, reduce chance for infections, and work to protect blood vessels
- Spinach: contains vitamins A and C, as well as lutein and flavonoids which help protect cells and prevent cancer
- Steamed potatoes: are highly nutritional and contain B-vitamins and vitamin C as well as minerals
- Tomatoes: contain healthy vitamins and strong antioxidants such as beta-carotene and lycopene
- Carrots: contain beta-carotene which is converted to vitamin A in the body
- Kelp: contains 12 vitamins, 21 amino acids, and over 60 minerals and trace elements
- Health-promoting botanicals: Dogs have the instinctive ability to choose to eat grasses and plants that enhance their vitality and well-being. The vitamin and mineral-rich botanicals featured in Orijen dog food are carefully-selected by veterinarians.
- Chicory and psyllium: supply soluble fibre that soothes and nourishes the digestive tract and stabilize blood sugar levels
- Dandelion, fenugreek and liquorice: protective and tonic for the kidneys, liver and metabolism
- Peppermint, turmeric, fennel and chamomile flowers: calm and assist the digestive tract
- Marigold flowers: includes cytoprotective flavonoids and lutein, may reduce blood sugar levels and aids in digestion
- Probiotics: maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora, support the immune system and boost the immune system
- Essential fatty acids: from chicken fat, salmon oil, ensure healthy skin and glossy fur
- Proteinates: minerals and trace elements in natural, organically bound form for better biological availability
- Glucosamine and chondroitin: aid in protection of the cartilage thus ensuring healthy joints
Fresh chicken (boneless) (22%), dried chicken meat (15%), fresh chicken liver (5%), fresh whole herring (5%), fresh turkey meat (boneless) (4%), dehydrated turkey meat (3%) fresh turkey liver (3%), fresh whole eggs (3%), fresh boneless free Zander (3%), fresh whole salmon (3%), fresh poultry hearts (3%), chicken cartilage (3%), dried herring (3%), dried salmon (3%), red lentils, green peas, green lentils, chicken liver oil (2%), sun ripened alfalfa, yam, chickpeas, pumpkin, butternut squash, spinach leaves, carrots, red delicious apples, Bartlett pears, cranberries, kelp, licorice root, angelica root, fennel, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary.
Vitamin A (15,000 IU/kg), vitamin D3 (2000 IU/kg), iron (40 mg/kg), iodine (3 mg/kg), copper (13 mg/kg), manganese (14 mg/kg), zinc (150 mg/kg), selenium (0.3 mg/kg).
Orijen dog food contains no artificial preservatives, just natural vitamin E.
Calories per kg:
3710 kcal, incl. 41% protein, 23% fruits & vegetables, 36% fat.
ORIJEN Senior Dog Food meets the nutritional profiles of the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials).
|omega-3 fats||1.0 %|
|omega-6 fats||2.5 %|
|calories that can be burned||3710.0 kcal/kg|
|Weight of Dog||Weight Maintenance||Weight Reduction|
|1 - 5 kg||60 - 105||60 - 90|
|5 - 10 kg||105 - 150||90 - 115|
|10 - 20 kg||150 - 235||115 - 190|
|20 - 35 kg||235 - 330||190 - 270|
|35 - 50 kg||330 - 440||270 - 350|
|50 - 65 kg||440 - 550||350 - 450|
Biologically Appropriate Orijen Senior is naturally balanced to benefit dogs of all breeds and sizes. As each dog is unique, feeding requirements vary with size, environment, age and activity. It is important to monitor your dog's weight and adjust rations as needed. Feed twice daily and always keep fresh, clean water available.