Terra Canis dog food in premium quality, exclusively natural ingredients in human consumption quality, made in a Bavarian butcher's shop. Now also for small breeds.
Terra Canis dog food provides your dog with a wholesome and hearty meal from natural, high quality ingredients. The Terra Canis nutritional concept is designed to cater for your dog's essential nutritional demands by using a variety of recipes. Terra Canis dog food is manufactured with thought and care from fresh, natural ingredients and thus provides your dog with all necessary nutrients. It is made by a Bavarian butchers, a family business of three generations, which has received several awards and prizes for its produce. It is considered one of the best butcher shops in Munich and particularly stands out for its emphasis on quality. As an EU registered food production company, it is subject to strict veterinary controls, it can only store, process, and sell produce of verifiable human consumption quality. This guarantees that Terra Canis dog food is made using the best premium ingredients.
Advantages of Terra Canis at a glimpse:
Ingredients of Terra Canis dog food:
- Meat, fish fillets and all other ingredients are processed fresh, are of proven human grade quality and sourced in Germany.
- Terra Canis guarantees exclusive use of ingredients listed in the composition.
- A careful cooking process (slow cooked & canned when cool) ensures maximum preservation of beneficial natural vitamins, secondary plant substances, minerals, trace elements and proteins.
- Carefully measured amounts of organic eggshell and mineral soil products naturally create the optimal calcium-phosphorus-ratio of 1.3:1.0.
- Terra Canis consistently avoids the use of bone and animal meal, low quality by-products, fillers, butchers waste, artificial colours, preservatives and flavourings, artificial anti-oxidants and any kind of artificial additives and sugar.
- The result is an appetising and tasty wet dog food, that tastes home made.
- Muscle meat: provides your dog's organism with high quality proteins and omega-6 fatty acids. This includes heart and chicken, turkey and rabbit stomach (stomach and heart are pure muscle and thus do not count as offals). The proportion of muscle meat in a portion of meat should always be higher than that of any other ingredient and it forms the main part of Terra Canis dog food.
- Liver: The liver is a detoxifying organ and thus should only rarely, and only in small portions, be given to your dog. However, it does contain plenty of vitamins and trace elements and should not be entirely excluded from your dog's diet. Terra Canis therefore only uses liver in small quantities in a few of its recipes.
- Organic eggshell: Terra Canis substitutes organic eggshell for essential calcium from prey. Every food contains the important calcium-phosphorus-ratio of 1.3:1.0, naturally achieved through the addition of eggshell and confirmed by the use of before/after analyses.
- Dietary fibre from vegetables, fruit and herbs: Dietary fibre is important for your dog's digestion; it stimulates and cleans the intestines. Different kinds of fruit and vegetables contain different kinds of vitamins, minerals, trace elements and secondary plant metabolites, so you should give your dog a bit of variety. Terra Canis recipes contain more than 20 different kinds of vegetables, fruit and herbs.
- Grains: Only occasionally, wolves will take in small quantities of cereals from the bowels of their prey. Accordingly, neither your dogs' teeth nor their digestive system are designed to deal with large amounts of grains. Since it is a non-essential ingredient it should only be fed in small quantities. Terra Canis recipes only contain a maximum of 10% grains. The grains that are used (for example, millet, buckwheat, spelt, brown rice, amaranth) are mostly gluten free and supply your dog with important minerals, amino acids and vitamins.
- Spirulina algae: Spirulina algae provides your dog with all important minerals and trace elements (such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium, selenium, iron, copper, manganese, zinc, iodine etc), all essential amino acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids and many important vitamins.
- Mineral soil: Mineral soil contains plenty of all important minerals and trace elements (for example, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium, selenium, iron, copper, manganese, zinc) and also provides all essential amino acids.
- Rapeseed oil: Rapeseed oil consists of optimally balanced linoleic acid and is thus ideal for a balanced, healthy diet. It supplies your dog with natural vitamin A and important omega-3 fatty acids.
- Andes salt: Salt is an important part of your dog's diet since it provides him or her with a variety of minerals - amongst others, chloride, which is important for the managements of electrolytes. In the wild, salt is taken in through the saline blood of the prey. Terra Canis uses natural and untreated Andes salt, the "white gold" of the Incas.
- Rose hip powder: Rose hip powder supplies vitamin C in addition to the dog's natural synthesis to support the whole organism.
Terra Canis dog food is monitored by an independent, recognised laboratory which tests foods for product safety. All recipes are analysed regularly in order to ensure maintenance of the high quality standard. You will find a certifying mark on all Terra Canis labels.