Complete dry food for adult dogs age 1+ that have metabolic urinary stones. Contains proteins with a low purine content, helps to prevent cysteine stones and has a protective antioxidant complex.General information:
- Please seek your vet's advice before using this food or extending the feeding period.
- When feeding your dog with a veterinary diet you should consult your vet regularly for check-ups.
- If your dog's health deteriorates please seek veterinary advice immediately.
Urinary crystals have a number of causes, but when they are caused by an irreversible metabolic disorder in the excretion of uric acid, the problem needs to be treated by a long-term change to a special diet. Royal Canin Urinary U/C low purine is designed for dogs age 1+ to help to maintain health and prevent relapse in dogs with metabolic disorders causing urinary stones. The recipe includes proteins with a low purine content and also helps to prevent the build-up of cysteine stones. Fluid loss through the skin can be reduced by feeding a food with a high biotine content, with niacin, pantothenic acid as well as zinc and linoleic acid. A synergistic antioxidant complex can protect cells against malevolent metabolites.
Recommended for (indications):
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- To work with leishmaniasis therapy with the use of xanthine oxidase inhibitors (e.g. allopurinol)
- Food to preserve good health in adult dogs of certain breeds predisposed to the formation of metabolic-related urinary stones (e.g. dalmatian)
- Prevention of relapse of metabolism-related urinary stones (urate, xanthine, cystine)
- Parallel treatment with drugs that increase urine acidity
- Lactating bitches, pregnant bitches or puppies
- Urate prevention: Selected proteins with low purine content (for example, wheat flour, egg) in conjunction with an alkaline urine pH can help reduce the risk of Uratharnsteinen.
- Cystine prevention: The composition of URINARY U/C helps prevent the formation of urinary stones.
- Skin barrier: Very high levels of biotin, niacin and pantothenic acid in combination with zinc and linoleic acid help to reduce fluid loss through the skin and strengthen the barrier effect.
- Antioxidant protection: A synergistic antioxidant combination (vitamin E, vitamin C, taurine, lutein) can protect cells from attacks from aggressive metabolic products.
Owners should feed Urinary U/C exclusively, to ensure maximum effectiveness. Duration of treatment:
Urate stones: min. 6 months. For permanent metabolic disorders, this food can be fed for the dog’s lifespan.
Cystine urinary stones: feed for up to one year. Ensure your dog receives regular therapy reviews to revise feeding guidelines.