A complete dietetic dry food for dogs over 1 year old which are suffering from obesity and weight issues. A low energy density food to reduce excessive body weight.
We recommend that you talk to your vet before using Royal Canin Veterinary – Satiety Support.
Recently there has been a dramatic increase in overweight and obese pets. A common cause of excess weight in pets is over-feeding and under-exercising. Energy requirements have changed since nowadays many dogs spend most of their lives inside. They do not get the chance to run around a lot which means that they cannot burn the energy they consume, so these calories are stored as fat.
Being overweight not only affects your pet's well-being, it can also have long-term effects on your pet's health and ultimately reduce its life expectancy.
It is important to make sure your dog is the right weight. If your dog is a short-haired breed its waist and ribs should be just visible. If your dog is a long haired breed you should be able to feel its ribs easily. If you cannot see or feel the ribs your pet is overweight (or rather, if already on a diet, it has not yet achieved its ideal weight).
Royal Canin Veterinary - Satiety Support SAT 30 is a complete dog food for dogs which need to lose weight. It has a low energy density and will help your pet to lose weight. The high protein content, as well as high fibre content will help your dog to feel full and satisfied.
The kibble has a low energy density so the volume of daily food can be reduced up to 32% compared with other diet food.
- Diabetes mellitus
- Fibre responsive colitis
- Pregnancy or lactation, puppies
Changing your pet's diet and length of treatment:
- High protein content: this can help to maintain muscle mass throughout the weight loss period.
- High fibre: Fibres that increase the feeding volume while lowering energy density. Carefully selected fibres ensure that your dog feels full up quickly and that this feeling of satiety lasts for a long time.
- Balanced nutrients: A high concentration of minerals and vitamins help to compensate for the energy restrictions and ensure a balanced supply of vital nutrients.
- Joint support : Chondroitin sulphate and glucosamin help to maintain normal mobility in the highly stressed joints of obese pets and have a positive effect on degenerative joint disease.
The length of time your pet needs to stay on a reducing diet depends on how much weight needs to be lost. Weight should be lost slowly to ensure your pet stays healthy and only loses fat tissue from the body. Ideal weight loss is 1 to 3% of the bodyweight per week. Once your dog has reached its target weight it should be weighed regularly to ensure that it maintains an ideal body weight .You can help it to stay in shape with Royal Canin Weight Control, Weight & Osteo or Neutered products.